Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our six health and wellness locations, six child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Early Childhood Educator - (Full Time)
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton
Salary: $31,200.00 /year - $44,981.00/year (depending on Alberta Early Childhood certification level) + associated provincial hourly wage top up.
Start Date: February 12th, 2024
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
· Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
· Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
· Pension or student loan repayment plan with specified contribution matched by the Association;
· Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
· Program discounts;
· Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
· Leadership award opportunities;
· Scholarship opportunities;
· Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
o Alberta Early Childhood Educator Certification – Level 1, 2 or 3;
o Experience working with children aged 12months - 6 years in a licensed child care setting;
o A positive attitude and collaborative teamwork approach;
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including basic computer literacy;
o Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification (CPR recertified within the last 12 months);
o Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search;
o Three professional references.
This position is full-time, working 40 hours/week between 7am - 6pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility of the successful applicant’s personal schedule is required to ensure area needs are met. Some evening and weekend work may be required to meet training requirements.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator will:
· Utilize established communication strategies for both internal and external YMCA Calgary stakeholders for operational effectiveness
· Utilize a cooperative team approach for managing centre operations including adapting personal work schedule to meet area needs
· Consistently deliver a diverse, developmentally appropriate program which accurately and consistently reflects the centre’s Program Plan and includes implementation of the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and supervision practices
· All childcare staff are required to support curriculum delivery and child development practices, both as scheduled and to meet operational needs. This includes accompanying and actively engaging with children during all activities and supporting personal care needs
· Demonstrate safe practices and act promptly on all health and safety risks and concerns. Effectively manage emergency situations as per YMCA procedures
· Acquire and maintain required certifications and training
· Maintain a clean, organized, and safe indoor and outdoor environment utilizing established procedures identified by YMCA Calgary, Calgary Fire Department, Alberta Health Services and Provincial Child Care Licensing Act and Early Learning and Child Care Regulations
· Engage in centre, facility and association events, happenings, and initiatives
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
· Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity;
· Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind;
· Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision;
· Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day;
· Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision;
· Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model;
· Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. This posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.
All applications are to be submitted online but for any position specific concerns or questions, please email email@example.com
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton