Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Engineering Services Clerk 4
Job Location: Edmonds, British Columbia, Canada
Annual Salary: $ 56,400.00 - 61,900.00
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* May provide guidance and/or work leadership to lower level staff; performs the functions of the Engineering Services Clerk 1, 2 or 3 as required.
* Reviews engineering technical reports for accuracy and consistency of information, comprehension, grammar etc. for project/program teams; researches, gathers and summarizes information from various sources and databases and prepares routine, non routine, ad hoc reports or data summaries; organises and creates files and information to facilitate ready access for team members; analyses reference material and identifies data set improvements or modifications.
* Provides oversight, input and expertise in the processing and preparation of engineering technical, project/program information and in the preparation of engineering and related reports, proposals, specifications, curriculum vitae and associated documentation; prepares accompanying text, tables, spreadsheets, flowcharts, graphs, equations, images, drawings etc.; converts/imports files and oversize documents, photos and depictions in the most effective and efficient manner using styles, macros, auto-texts etc. consistent with established standards and/or compliance criteria; prepares and converts large and/or multi-authored documents and related drawings, photos, images in hard copy to electronic or CD storage files and formats including preparing front/opening page formats and auto run features.
* Provides administrative and business support for engineering projects such as: reviewing engineering assignments and plans for conformance to guidelines, reasonable of content and consistency to past and future plans; identifies errors, omissions or misinterpretations; investigating and resolving problems; preparing, monitoring and updating business plans for engineering studies, investigation projects and related sections of project/program staffing plans.
* Prepares engineering project or field study reports, monthly progress reports, staff, consultant or contract hire data and categorized engineering task reports; collects and validates various measurement, instrumentation or surveillance data prior to analysis by engineers or other technical staff; prints plots of data from instrumentation and other measurement data.
* Extracts and identifies variances and deficiencies from engineering project/program data and reports; prepares and maintains staffing plan spreadsheets for programs and projects; reconciles and discusses problems and variances with responsible staff and follows up to correct data or take corrective action.
* Provides guidance and assistance to other staff in the file set up, information and record storage and the resolution of computer related problems such as : restoring, compressing, transferring or backing up files, running diagnostics, setting up printer commands and downloading or manipulating data from a variety of databases.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
* Office administration, project management, office practices, procedures, routines, filing/recording/monitoring systems, correspondence and report formatting and preparation, information management, data system and file management, keyboard skill at 60 wpm, personal computer and related word processing/spreadsheet/database and presentation graphics application program operation to the advanced level are typically acquired through graduation from a Business Management Certificate in Office Technology program, project management, supervisory skills plus completion of basic technical courses specific to an assigned Engineering area and BC Hydro in house courses or equivalent such as: Peoplesoft: Financials, Expenses Online, Management Projects, table, code central, time and labour; Passport Inventory and Purchasing; Access/Security protocol, Time Resource Management System (TRMS), InfoPM, InfoTrac, Visio, project management, MS Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email and internet browser applications.
* A minimum of 2 years with an excellent demonstrated working experience in the Administrative experience in an
engineering organisation with a thorough knowledge of engineering project layout, editing processes, research and data summarization, use of a desk top environment to an advanced level and the full range of systems identified above. Well developed oral, interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory and organisational skills to perform administrative, clerical, business and technical support.
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A minimum of 15 paid vacation days
- A lifetime pension
- Flexible work model, depending on your role type
- Training and development courses
For more information on the benefits we offer, visit bchydro.com/benefits.
What else you should know
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
* Normal office conditions. Some lifting and moving of office supplies in and around an office.
* Please note Peoplesoft, Passport, TRMS, InfoPM and InfoTrack have been replaced by SAP.
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada V3N 4X8
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by Jan 23, 2024.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week