Position: Operations Supervisor
Shift Time: Tuesday to Saturday; 7 AM - 3 PM
What makesDHL great? Our People! We know eachemployee’s individualcontributions make us the #1 Express Delivery andLogistics Company in theworld.
DHL Expressis committed to maintaining anenvironment that empowersevery team member to make the greatest possibleimpact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – toour business, toeach other and to our global communities. DHL isdedicated to beinga great place to work. In addition to competitivecompensation packages,our employees enjoy a range of programs, services andbenefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career withDHL today…
DHL Express currentlyhas an opening for anOperations Supervisor in ourfacility located inHamilton, ON.We are looking for a high-potential leader who is ready to invest in building a team of motivated people.As the Operations Supervisor must be able to provide “hands-on” proactive management of the employees engaged in the daily export, clearance and transit of packages and freight, within prescribed standards of cost, efficiency, accuracy and on-time distribution.The supervisor implements new procedures to improve operational effectiveness and provides performance reports for management as required.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
- Recruits, orients, trains, schedules, manages and recommends discipline for all operations staff.
- Establishes/implements productivity, quality and cost measurements & strategies to achieve desired operational results.
- Always manage your team in a confident and skilled manner by supporting and developing them through coaching and feedback
- Providing regular and positive recognition by monitoring the progress of others against goals and targets on a regular basis
- Ensures timely and accurate distribution of inbound and/or outgoing freight daily, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Ensures Staff permits and Air operation audits area up to date
- Completes accurate and timely reports for management as required (staff schedules, attendance records, recruitment/ payroll documentation, dangerous goods incidents, WSB reports, load quality, arrival/departure).
- Ensures successful implementation & continued application of scanning technology.
- Applies appropriate leadership/management style with open communication (i.e., communicates Corporate strategic plan, recognition of individual/team contributions) to motivate staff.
- Ensures sufficient staff resources, materials and supplies on hand at all times.
- Ensures warehouse is organized and set up for next shift.
- Maintains equipment, in safe, efficient operating condition at all times.
- Establishes/maintains a proactive safety program in compliance with legislative requirements and the collective agreement.
- Implements & follows up on Customer Service solutions as determined by Sales resource team.
- Addresses Customer complaints and escalated items in a professional, expedient manner
- Performs other assignments (i.e., assists Gateway Manager) as required.
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience working at the Ramp and Airside is an asset
- Experience managing operations with components of aviation regulations is an asset
- 3 years’ of experience in a supervisory or management position (warehouse or logistics industry is an asset)
- Knowledge & compliance with Dangerous Goods
- Ability to make quick decisions and be agile to changing circumstances
- Prior working experience with lean / process improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Proven communication skills - written & oral
- Working knowledge/interpretation of Collective Agreements & Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Demonstrated drive, initiative & flexibility to ensure task completion.
- Demonstrated time management & organization skills.
- College or University designation.
Thank you for your application. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants are required to pass interviews and a criminal background check in order to qualify for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.