LodgeLink is a tech company headquartered in Calgary that delivers efficiency and cost control for complex workforce travel. We offer an-end-to-end crew travel management solution, from accommodation to transportation. We are the fastest growing ecosystem of hotels and lodges in North America.
LodgeLink is a caring company that applies innovative technology to transform workforce travel. We collaborate and share in a relentless pursuit to deliver superior customer experiences and help our customers get where they need to be. As a LodgeLink employee, you’ll join an agile, inventive, and dependable team with a bold vision to be the ecosystem for workforce travel.
The UX team is looking to onboard a full spectrum UX designer with strong experience in “mobile first” practices. Reporting to the Manager of UX & design, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of user interface (UI) designs for LodgeLink’s web and mobile platforms. You will Contribute to UX research, design, and testing strategies that ensures that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design to enable customer success. This role will be in office with 20% flexibility to work from home.
Our business goals are high but our customer’s needs and expectations are even higher. We need a mature and dependable UXer capable of hitting the ground running; able to pick up the ball and carry it to the goal line.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Contribute to long-term design and UX strategies that will help discover new product opportunities and drive innovation;
- Contribute to a full spectrum UX and product team as part of an agile dual-track discovery and delivery process;
- Create and maintain efficiencies through the implementation of design systems, standardized UI frameworks and iterative product development;
- Follow instructed and established best practices around user testing and research to ensure that user needs are understood and communicated, and concepts can be rapidly validated and delivered;
- Ability to independently uncover and interpret abstract and complex scenarios and synthesize them into meaningful solutions;
- Facilitate our product vision and roadmap by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user testing experiences for our platform;
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and UX decisions related to new and existing functions and features;
- Take a user-centered design (UCD) approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs;
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Manager of UX Design, and internal and external users, stakeholders, and developers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for our users
- Advise and guide on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior;
- Adhere to style standards on brand, typography and graphic design;
- Work with and contribute to a team of marketing, customer service, customer success, sales, billing and software professionals
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems collaboratively with the Product team and other stakeholders to devise elegant solutions.
- Able to confidently present broad conceptual solutions to critical audiences using sound evidence, logic, persuasion, and diplomacy.
- Become the champion of your product group and the users you represent
All members of the UX team at LodgeLink are expected to be full spectrum contributors. Although specialization is highly valued; each member must possess the ability to reliably perform all aspects of user experience philosophies within their dedicated product group as well as assist/compliment other UXers in paradelle product groups.
- 5+ years of UX design experience; with demonstrable experience focusing on mobile UX design
- Fluent in iOS & Android Material UI components and OS alignments and divergencies
- Certification from established design, multimedia, or user experience institutions.
- Expertise in UX and design software is a must: primarily Adobe Illustrator, XD and Figma.
- Experience with information architecture, interaction design, and visual design,
- Demonstrable experience authoring and implementing a comprehensive usability testing program
- Ability to work with clients and stakeholders to understand and define detailed project requirements.
- Fluency in UX design philosophies, best practices, and methodologies.
- Experience contributing to agile software methodologies, particularly Scrum;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team-based environment;
- Exceptional command of written and spoken language
- A comprehensive portfolio that demonstrates creativity and fluency in design software, aesthetic and technical solution designs, and properly created and maintained asset libraries.
Nice To Have Experience (Major Bonus)
- Experience in the fields of hospitality, industry/resources, and/or SaaS
- Experience in the creation of scheduling, booking, ticketing, dispatch and/or assignment applications
- Experience in Enterprise, financial, administration software
You are passionate about UX and have extreme empathy for the end user. You constantly look at things and wonder how it could be made better. You understand the distinct and profound differences between being a UI designer and a UX designer and understand that producing high fidelity designs is just a fraction of your role. You’re not just the brick layer, you’re the architect.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At LodgeLink, our value of respect in the workplace is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
LodgeLink is a business unit of Black Diamond Group, a publicly-traded company with nearly 20 years of experience in modular space and workforce solutions, and operations across Canada, the United States, and Australia.