Able & Available is very proud to partner with great agencies and associations. They can help employers to create an inclusive environment and also job seekers to find the perfect job.
- About: For over 45 years Autism Canada has had a national perspective on the issues currently facing those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families, caregivers, and allies. Autism Canada’s primary mandate is to increase the quality of life and well-being of people on the Autism Spectrum through education, advocacy, and support. Autism Canada is committed to delivering the highest quality programs and community resources like the national annual Au-Some Conference, our dedicated Family Support team, a first-of-its-kind Search and Rescue for Autism program, and an exceptional catalogue offering autism education to both the public and private sectors. Autism Canada is proud to have served the autism community in Canada since 1976.
- Contact info: https://autismcanada.org/
- About: In 1975, a group of passionate parents fought to open doors for their children. Gateway Association emerged as the “Gateway to a better life” they envisioned for people with disabilities and their families. Gateway is a Family Resource Centre (FRC) and an Employment Resource (ERC) Centre that provides education, family support, mentorship and inclusive employment. It is our mission to assist the community to understand disabilities.
- Contact info: https://gatewayassociation.ca/
- About: Between Friends is a pan-disability organization providing quality social, recreation and development opportunities to more than 80 different disability groups; of which, over 40% of are on the Autism Spectrum. Our programs & services are designed for children, youth, and adults based on age group & interests. Everyone is welcome to participate at Between Friends, regardless of ability, age, gender, race, gender identity, religion or culture.
- Contact info: https://betweenfriends.ab.ca/
- About: We are a group dedicated to providing opportunities to play sport, move and learn skills to those in marginalized communities who haven't always been given a choice.
- Contact info: https://www.lacrossingbarriers.org/
Ultimate Para Sports Association:
- About: We are a non-profit organization, based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We provide a variety of recreational and competitive sport opportunities to para athletes, coaches and volunteers. Our mission is to facilitate sport opportunities from the developmental to the elite level of participation, in the areas of athletic competition, technical development, leadership, and integration.
- Contact info: https://www.ultimateparasports.com/
- About: With a rich history in the community, SaskAbilities is a registered charity rooted in Saskatchewan since its inception in 1950. We are dedicated to providing programs and services to people experiencing disability in Saskatchewan, and to building inclusive communities.
- Contact info: https://www.saskabilities.ca/
- About: Chrysalis offers personalized services designed to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities while providing meaningful opportunities for growth and community inclusion.
- Contact info: https://chrysalis.ca/
Sinneave Family Foundation:
- About: The Sinneave Family Foundation is an operating foundation that works with individuals, communities, and organizations across Canada to reduce barriers and enhance opportunities in education, employment, and housing for Autistic youth and adults.
- Contact info: https://sinneavefoundation.org/
- About: I go into your place of business, sit down with you and your staff, and through my practical experience impactful my real life wisdom on how to give the challenged person a good feel for what you have to offer.
- Contact info: https://michaeldhaines.com/
Parent's Sruvival Resource & Connection Society:
- About: Prevention before it Becomes an Emergency. PSRCS works to improve the well-being / mental health of individuals with disabilities and those who support them through Empowerment, Connection and Guidance. To equip each person with the necessary skills, resources and tailored help they need to thrive. To Offer Programs & Services that include: Tailored Assistance, Guidance & Mentorship, One to one connection, Meetups & Workshops, Event & Information Sessions, Provide advocacy between resource places & agencies.
- Contact info: https://www.parentsurvival.ca/
Resilient Hearts Inc.:
- About: Resilient Hearts Inc. envisions a world where every individual is empowered to lead a fulfilling life, defined by their abilities rather than limitations. Our goal is to foster resilience in individuals by providing a nurturing and inclusive environment, cultivating talents, breaking down barriers, and promoting self-belief. Together, we are building a future where people not only survive but thrive.
- Contact info: https://resilienthearts.ca/
- About: To visible minorities, marginalized groups, and new immigrants, Diversecities is a community service organization that provides assistance in four key areas of life: Economic Integration, Social Connection, Well-being, and Learning. We build long term relationships with our clients as we empower them, encourage them, and guide them along on the path to reaching their full potential.
- Contact info: https://www.diversecities.org/
ADAIA - Alberta Disability Awareness In Action
- About: Through our campaigns, initiatives, and collaborative efforts, we aim to amplify the voices of disability support workers, raise awareness about their invaluable contributions, and drive meaningful change in policies and attitudes. Welcome to ADAIA! a passionate organization dedicated to advocating for the rights and well-being of the disabled and the heroes who serve them. With a firm belief in the essential role we as support workers play in our society, we strive to create a more inclusive and equitable world for everyone – a world where the tireless efforts and actions of our dedicated members are seen and appreciated universally.
- Contact info: https://adaia.ca/
- About: CAN WiN helps employers meet workforce needs by connecting job seekers with disabilities - people with diverse talent - to accessible employers across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.
- Contact info: https://www.canadianpartnerswin.ca/
- About: Specialisterne is an internationally recognized leader in harnessing the talents of people on the autism spectrum, or with similar neurodiversities, by providing them with the opportunity to sustain meaningful employment. Originally founded in Denmark by Thorkil Sonne, Specialisterne now operates in twelve countries around the world.
- Contact info: https://ca.specialisterne.com/